Friday, August 28, 2009

What do MY dogs do in the heat?

I don't have a real pool - seriously considered it until I visited my friend's pool and it's icky green and slimy already - but now we are into nice cool weather again, so I don't need a pool any more. I NEEDED it last week. I needed it BADLY! I do NOT handle the heat well at all. My dogs, well, they do have the streams and ponds around us. Sometimes the streams on our walks are low and icky and not great for the dogs to cool off in, but we did get some rain that filled them up and they look cleaner and fresher and fuller. So, my dogs have been enjoying the streams to get cool. The wildflowers are beautiful this time of year along the streams. There are times we all want to go in there with them. George, the border terrier, likes to act like a hippo. Just laying in the cool water and hanging out. See George? See George's leash? Without it George might have gone upstream, found some gopher hole, made Kathy call Nate, made Nate leave work and come home, made Nate bushwhack through the thickets, made me say goodbye, made Kathy mad - George was on a leash, this time.........
Spur and Roscoe. Yep, even Roscoe goes into the stream. Shallow enough he doesn't have to swim..........
Colby was in there farther up, hunting for HuMonGous Frogs or some such thing. Colby, Huntress Warrior Princess.

Ahhhhhhh, to be a dog!!!! And to hang out with the dogs, with George on a leash!!

No comments:

Post a Comment