Thursday, August 27, 2009

I need to practice! When bad dogs go good!

Cuz last night in agility class he was WAY TOO HIGH for doing obedience!!! If he stays this pumped he might look like this photo. Heeling while only his back feet touching the ground???..... We are signed up for Rally-Obedience this weekend at the Cumberland Fairgrounds breed/obedience trial. He did so well at the trial in July even though we RAN from the agility ring and had NO warm up, he nailed it. This looks more like it..........
But, really, we haven't practiced since then. Nothing, nada, zip, ZERO practice. It's been TOO HOT! I've been busy with agility! I am going to have to just hope, on a wing and a prayer, that he settles down and focuses on his task. I'll bring my Rally-O flash cards and hope I remember the stations/moves. I love Rally, so it should be fun and he's a pro so we should be fine. I just want that 100 score. Am I asking too much? Nah........he can do it. He has so much enthusiasm. His down fall is too much enthusiasm. One judge even said that.........."He was a little crazy" and scored him a 98. I'll take that over some of the dogs I see getting "dragged" around the ring as if they simply hate it. That's not much fun to watch.

Obedience is something Roscoe has a solid background in. He loves it, he thrives on it and for what ever reason he is really good at it. Colby finds it slightly boring. Maybe more than slightly boring. Roscoe just loves it. So, I want to continue with him and Rally is a great way to do that. In regular obedience his next advancement would call for out of sight stays and I am not leaving him next to a line up of other dogs, no way, no how, I ain't goin' to put him in that situation. He's come too far with his aggression, so I won't ask him to do that. Stays in Rally only occur in Excellent and are done alone on leash. So, it's just not that same thing. Wish us luck. Anyone who wants to come, this should be a nice show. It is four days, Thursday through Sunday at the Cumberland Fairgrounds. It looks like the schedule has us in the ring sometime around 1:00 or maybe 2:00? But, it's really hard to say. Definitely after noon some time.


2 comments: