Sunday, August 23, 2009

Identify please! Cuz I can't.

I see these flowers growing wild everywhere. I saw them in someone's perennial garden. I have cut them for arrangements. I don't know what they are. They grow really tall, maybe 4-5 feet sometimes. The cows are enjoying some fresh cut hay at Red Neck City. They other day the guys said it's amazing how they stop bellowing when they have fresh hay. Uh......yeah....FEED them and they stop complaining. Rocket science? We have hawks. A whole family it seems. They hang out on the fence posts out back. Of course, I never have my camera when they are closest. They cry their eerie cry it seems almost constantly. I believe there are two pairs. One over by the houses, which might drive me nuts if I lived right there. And the other along the thick pine woods. They are Red Tailed Hawks. I identified them by listening to this - http://www.naturesongs.com/rtha1.wav They make that sound nearly all day long. Or, at least, any time I am out there!!!

Colby started growling when I played the sound. What did she think, it was going to come out of my computer screen and get us???

No comments:

Post a Comment