Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Gimme drugs, gimme thunder, gimme a rah, rah, rah!!

Love that buspirone!!! You know, Roscoe's happy pills. It isn't a "fix-all" or even a "magic pill", nor does it make him happy. I just like calling them happy pills. But, on days like this I am thankful. Actually, many days I am thankful. It took a while to figure out the right drug. Buspirone just helps take the edge off him. Like when the crazy, little poodle type dog ran up snarking at him at class he just doesn't explode. Or when Nate comes climbing up the lawn for his Mint Julep after making hay on a hot day, he doesn't latch onto Nate's calf. Or when thunder comes that rocks the house and rattles the windows, he isn't drooling and shaking. Instead, he finds comfort in my lap or snuggles into his snuggle sack. Or when Spur and Colby go off barking along the fence when I am in with the horses, switching pastures, he just hangs out and doesn't join them. Good little man!! I sometimes wonder if I should stop the buspirone? Then we have days like this. It helps, it helps a lot. With thunder, with reactivity, and not joining the other two barking at the horses, it helps. I just ordered more.
**We joke that Spur can't bark without pointing his nose to the sky! Honestly, I don't think he really can???? The horses never, ever react. They come and get their drink and pay no mind to Spur's antics.This was not barking, yet. Just reving up and soon his head with be sky high in full bark! I am very glad I have only a couple of neighbors.........


Every once in a while my camera takes a magnificent shot!!! This one will be sent to shutterfly.com to be blown up!! That's my pretty girl, whose poor neck is getting poked twice a day for her lyme meds. She is so patient and perfect. Such a sweet, sweet girlie........my little JewJewBee................

This little pup needs a home. We are hoping to find a performance home because from what I hear this pup has lots of energy that needs to be focused. Hmmmm, wonder what that means? OK, in dog performance-puppy to give away-world, that means the dog has some issues that only a knowledgeable, training type home could work with. This is actually just the kind of pup I love. A challenge, a project, one with spunk (or would that be another word for aggression?) and needs a job!!! Not for a home with any small children and hopefully a home that will train and take classes and give this pup a job to do like obedience and/or agility. If you think you might be that home, let me know and I will get you in touch with the right folks. This pup is a 10 week old MinPin/Pom/Terrier mix who has shown aggression towards a 10 year old girl who spooked her. She reacted badly when the little girl tried to wake her up abruptly. That's not a good thing for a child to do and the parents should have been more mindful, but it still shows some issues with a 10 week old pup.

No comments:

Post a Comment