Thursday, August 13, 2009

Internet agility systems war? LM vs GD!!! Nah.......

I was going to write about the current internet discussions going on about which is the better agility handling system. Greg Derrett or Linda Mecklenburg, since one of my favorite bloggers (Team Small Dogs - see my blog favorites list for the link) has recently said I need ONE system only and my "dogs would be happier for it". HUH??? I ain't no GD or LM and copying their systems isn't really possible, in my opinion. I am ME, I can TRY to do the moves they suggest, but honestly what works best for ME is what feels right and what works. Sometimes that is something that GD might do and sometimes it is something LM might do. I just can not get on board with the one is best and the other is not. I just can't!!! Honestly, I do think some people can copy their methods and do them fairly well. However, I also believe that most of us will never do things just like anyone else. We are our own person, we move our own way and while these systems may guide us I believe that each person has their own system. Perhaps I should trademark the Amy Carlson Agility Handling System!!! Hahahahaha...........I run like Dustin Pedroia, I squeak a high pitch obnoxious sound when nervous, my poor dogs, I never have a start line stay.........who would want to use MY system??? LOL!!! But, it's mine and all mine and I will not try to copy just one system. Don't make me, I won't, I will NOT DO IT!!!! I take a little from everyone I like and use what works for me and my dogs and leave the rest.

So, there I wasn't going to discuss it and discuss I did, darnit!!! How easy it is to get sucked into the internet agility systems war!!! ACK!!

Onto lighter subject...... Like psycho Roscoe chasing Spur in the field this morning. When you look at these photos imagine him screaming a crazy raccoon-in-heat noise as he does his best to "fly" through the tall grass at speeds seen only in road runners, or rodents avoiding the tractor, or dragonflies getting out of Colby's way............ He ain't right, he's special.............

I think Spur was going the other way.....



Oh, found him...........

And I wondered if my camera would capture the deer flies. Yep, kind of tiny but there they are!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment