Friday, August 7, 2009

I can't believe I missed Spur's birthday???? Or did I??

This photo was taken at the shelter. He was about 3 month old. Damn, I wanted him right then, but the state would not let any go. Giardia was still a concern, but to me I didn't see how they would get rid of it in the shelter. This was a temporary site with no drainage, so cleaning was tough. Basically, spray clean and wipe. The puppies got to play together in the isle ways between cages and often ran through and ate each other's poo. Really hard to treat giardia in that setting. I could have cleared him easily at home. One of the problems was the first vet on the scene treated them with metronidazole. Not as effective as panacur, so that set them back some. Ugh.........he couldn't get out for another two months!! This is with his sister. Stunning looking dog, but a little bitchy in the play groups, so I didn't think Colby would do well with her. Spur was always respectful of everyone during play groups.
Look at his cute little rat tail! This was his first experience with snow.


A cuter pup was never seen! This was his meeting with Roscoe. Notice the lip lick and soft tail wag he is doing to show Roscoe he means no harm. Hah, the difference is Roscoe's tail is straight and stiff, his ears are flat, his lips tight and slightly curled, showing some teeth. Asshole Roscoe, but you can't pick your siblings. I just made sure he didn't beat up little Spur. He never does, but he always shows him he is a jerk and Spur essentially just flops over on the floor in submission. However, I will say on a couple of occasions when a toy was involved as Spur got some age and confidence he has stood up to Roscoe. I praise the heck out of him and tell him he is a good boy. Roscoe needs to be put in his place some. For the most part they get along fine and Spur just submits.
He still has the tiny cat collar the shelter had on him - It has lady bugs on it!

Here he is playing with Colby. Thankfully, she seems to really like him and they play nicely together. That was of great importance to me. Colby can be a bitch and she is fine with Spur!!!

Oi.......look at that front end! :P I worried a little about his conformation. Those elbows really wing out. That next January Colby had knee surgery and Spur came along on one of her follow up visits. The surgeon felt his joints and said they all feel fine and not to worry. He was 8 months at the time. He has grown out of that a bit.

Yay, the rat tail is growing some fur!!!
His favorite toy, which I still have but it needs some sewing before he can have it again.


And finally, a photo from about 2 weeks ago sitting in the cool shade. He looks so mature and serious. He has his moments, my little Baby Spurminator, crazy monkey pants, punkin head, best little buddy - Spur!!! He is really the best boy. Sweet and kind and fun and I could not have asked for a nicer dog. He is a gem!!!!


Happy Birthday my little man!!! Two years old. I put his birthday at August 1st. The seizure was August 21st, but he was born some time just before the seizure.


No comments:

Post a Comment