Thursday, August 20, 2009

Eye sockets to pant's pockets. Nose flicker to pants picker. You chose. Does it really matter?

OK, so I have been running, or is it jogging? I've been jogging now since, when? Since the rains came. Sometime earlier this year, let's just say. Enough time to be now up to 2.5 miles 3-5 times/week. I actually do 2.7 miles, but there is one MAJOR steep hill that I kept going the very first time........I guess I was just pumped I made it that far..........but now I walk that little hill. It's in the shade, it's very steep and I just walk it. Kind of gives me a breather and a focal, goal point, a break, whatever, so I WALK it, OK???? It's probably good for me, right? Different muscles needed to walk it? Oh heck, I'm just plain beat by the time I get there, so I NEED a rest and walk it, OK???? Whatevaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh................

I try like heck to have good running form. I read about that on the Internet. Good form. Cuz, seriously when I watch my agility videos I swear if you put a 5:00 shadow on me, shaved my head, stuffed some icky black shit in my mouth and a batting helmet on me I would look like Dustin Pedroia running the bases. I wing out my arms and that's just not good form. That's what the Internet gurus said. I am now a jogging critic. I feel like yelling out to other joggers............"QUIT RUNNING LIKE THAT!!!"...........I see them with their elbows out, arms up high, wasting energy. But, you know, I watch these joggers and they go for miles and miles. They even jog up very steep hills. I hate them.

Oh well, at least I am still doing it. You thought maybe I quit, didn't you? I didn't, I actually really do feel the benefit. I can run three dogs in agility class and not gasp for air each run any more. My calf, that I tore the muscle on two years ago, never feels bad any more. It did, even two years later I would feel it. Like a can of hot motor oil in the bed of a pick up truck on a 95 degree day, ready to explode, I felt it and wondered when it would tear again. Yes, that did happen to a contractor friend of mine. Oil spewed all over his truck and along the side of the house he was building. What a mess, but my calf.............. I never feel it any more. I am disappointed that I can still see cellulite, though. Yes, even thin people have cellulite. I thought jogging would take that away. Nope, not on me. It's there and there to stay, I guess. Cellulite be damned, I can now say I am a Jogger. I am no Flo Jo, but I am a jogger!!

No comments:

Post a Comment