Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The day we know that fall is on our heels

The geese are gathering. I think this is a strange photo. I swear my camera focus box was zeroed in on the GEESE, but the blades of grass are in focus, not the geese. They have arrived, are eating the corn that's been chopped up and ready to be plowed under. It seems each morning there are more and more. We figure they gather and wait for the rest and head south when they are all together. We try to avoid the corn fields because too much moldy corn causes diarrhea and can make the dogs quite sick, really. But, there is an advantage to the geese in the mornings.Spur LOVES to chase them. He loves to chase anything with wings. Birds, ducks, geese, moths, flying grasshoppers. Game on!!! Maybe I could hire him out to the golf courses to chase away the geese? Nah, I'll just say he's a working farm dog. Although I don't think the farmers care about the geese eating the corn gone by. Hard to capture that quick moment when he takes off and flushes them.

It's a happy time of year for Spur. He LOVES his geese chases.


No comments:

Post a Comment