Monday, March 1, 2010

Yikes, crazy storm here!

They said something about 90 MPH winds clocked in Cape Elizabeth. Maybe not at my house, but close? We lost a couple panes from a window in the barn, an old apple tree, some roofing from the lean-to, but really not much damage! My neatly packed up agility stuff, gathered under my dog walk was strewn all over the place. PVC jumps everywhere!!! Dog wall fell over. Ladders supports blown into the prickers. NOTHING broken!!! I couldn't believe it!!

I took this opportunity to paint a new plank for my dog walk. Got that done and today I put it all back together. Phew! It looked like a war zone out there, but it's all back, neat and tidy again. And we have INTERNET!! How sad is it that I am really thrilled about that? Without it for four days I read more of my books and magazines, I watched several training DVD's I have been meaning to watch (Jenny Damm - GREAT BTW!!!). I did a bunch of trick training! Amazing what you can do when you are not sucked into cyberspace??? Really, that's kind of sad, but I missed cyberspace. I missed my cyber chat, my cyber world. I missed my trusty weather radar updates. I missed stupid TV shows.

But, we are back. In full - back in business!

I am reliving my day yesterday, a seminar with Lo Baker. WHAT fun!!! Roscoe LOVED it!! Back at Crappy Tails, where Roscoe simply goes NUTS and has SO much fun. It isn't the best footing for him, but he sure loves the atmosphere, the HUGE space. The seminar was SO fun. Lo is awesome, our fellow students were nice and fun to watch and I learned a TON. Spur even came out and did some work. Poor little paw wringer knocked a bar while we warmed up, so that set us back some. I was hoping Lo would see him jumping better, but after he knocks a bar he worries and worries and jumps REALLY early and big for fear of knocking another. Oi! But, he recovered pretty well and did some good work. He seemed happy enough at the end, so that's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment