Monday, March 22, 2010

Weekend USDAA Team trial report

Oi, it was a long weekend. It really wasn't THAT long, but it felt like it. I don't know why, maybe because All Dog's is just one ring and there is no place to "detox" and walk the dogs and it was WICKED nice out Saturday and I am claustrophobic and All Dog's isn't my favorite place and, well, it just felt like a long weekend. My dogs all hate pottying around the parking lot and there isn't really any place else to go. Both me and my dogs like to take walks to clear our minds of the crowds and claustrophobia. Or, at least, I KNOW I DO!
Roscoe had his ups and downs. He actually ran perfectly clean the whole weekend, but clean isn't always his best. I know, I know, if I had a dog who ran it's heart out every time and NQ'ed because of off courses or knocked bars I would feel differently, but I do like it when Roscoe is all crazy and high like he is on dirt. On rubber, not so much. He did qualify in Steeplechase (PSJ for him) and ended up second in the finals with a nice run. He was 40 seconds and 1st place was 32, but still for Roscoe that was not a bad run. He isn't very athletic, AT ALL.
He and his team, tiny Divot the papillon, ended up 4th place in Team Versatility. They were very consistent. By the last two runs Roscoe was pretty much just going through the motions. He was tired, mentally.
Spur!!?? He ROCKED! I put him in Steeplechase (PSJ for him) and we started out with a really psyched dog, then something got him at the start line. He tried to leave, was blocked by the next dog up, then got him going and he refused the first jump and A-frame. Since at this point he was just trotting I didn't try putting him on the A-frame and just keep going. He did the next three jumps and tunnel and then refused the weaves. I said...."Come on, little buddy, DO your weaves!!" and he did, super! That got him going and he kick in the jets and had an AWESOME finish!! Good little Monkey Pants looked great! It's in there, I know it, we can do this!!!
Videos later.........

No comments:

Post a Comment