Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring is HERE! To stay?

Spring is one of my least favorite seasons. OK, it IS my least favorite. It's SO brown. Brown grass, brown mud, brown trees, brown dirt, brown, brown, brown. Here is Colby racing back along the path, Spur following along behind. How brown is that??? Brown, brown, brown. The tiny sprouts of green appear from under...... the brown......


The horses apply their...... brown....... mask facials and full body applications......

Kind of like the facials people spend a lot of money on and got to fancy shops with fancy names like "Soma" or "Akari" or "Belissimo". My horses.....they go to the "Dry Lot". The BEST mud applications are at the "Dry Lot". Not sure why we call it the Dry Lot? It's hardly dry. Well, some days it is, but mud season.......I mean Spring, it's not really dry. The "Wet Lot"? Somehow that doesn't sound right. The horses have their own spa application. I love scraping the mud off, dead winter hair coming with it. Just watching them apply their mud masks is enjoyable, no matter how brown. OK, so THAT part of spring I like. I like some other parts, too, but really the brown is.......well.......brown............



No comments:

Post a Comment