Monday, March 22, 2010

Videos from the weekend

Having trouble getting the videos to load on youtube. Some day, years from now, we will all wonder how we had the patience for youtube. Or anything as far as loading videos. I have NO patience NOW!


So, watching my video of Spur just GLARES out to me how bad my Start Line Smart Line is. It's just plain NOT SMART!!! Poor Spur melts down and actually wants to abandon ship, man!! OK, so here's the deal. I melt down. I have this thing about start lines. I don't use stays, I do running starts. SO! Why should that be SO HARD???? Cuz, I feel like I am on display, everyone waiting with baited breath for us to start. HUH? Truth is hardly anyone is even watching us. We aren't exactly the most exciting team to watch! I mean, really. But, what's my deal??? People who have these unbearably long lead outs take a TON of time, setting up their dog, walking the WHOLE LENGTH OF THE RING, then turning back to their dog, ever soooooooooo slowly telling the dog it's "goooooooood", then maybe another command like....."sittttttttttt, goooooooooooood" and THEN starting. I take, like, um, two seconds to do something totally stupid with my dog and then I just take off. Poor Spur. He's like, HUH? We don't do it that way in practice MOM. Well, I try to do it in practice like I would at a trial, but I never do.



Roscoe's standard (poor buggar gets his head/neck stuck in the end of the chute!!) He does the most awesome dog walk contact, teeter and a-frame contact, good little man!! -



Roscoe's snooker! Even though we got the buzzer at 7, we had already done 6,5, 7, 7, in our opening so we had plenty of points for a Q -

No comments:

Post a Comment