Sunday, January 17, 2010

Which is more fun, Rally-Obedience or Agility?

The question came up the other day. Today I have a choice, or do I? I can run agility and then MAYBE make it over to Saccarrappa run-throughs? I would LOVE to do both, and even get Roscoe and Colby through an Open run-through AND Rally-O. Can we do it all??

We did both Rally-O and Agility last summer. It was kind of nutty. I was a little frazzled trying to time it and make it from my Jumpers run to the Rally ring. I made it, but JUST in time. I couldn't walk the course, so I had to just watch the person before me. ACK!!! My first run with Colby I missed a station, but realised it right away and went back, did the station, and continued. An automatic 10 points off. Darn! I didn't make that mistake with Roscoe and while we are a little erratic, the little buggar did fine! He is amazing. He LOVES it all. Both agility AND Rally-O. He loves it, loves to train, loves to perform, he's just SO much fun! When he's not biting someone, LOL!

2 comments:

  1. Gosh he looks SO happy when he works. I LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, he IS happy. I don't know why he LOVES obedience so much, but he does. He loves to train. I wish more people did obedience with MinPins. They are SO fun to train and SO animated. Really smart dogs that most people do not give enough credit to and many turn into nasty little lap dogs. They have a "bad rap". I quote that because they hardly have the bad rap pitties have, but still they are brilliant dogs who LOVE to train. I know several other folks who do performance with MinPins and have gone even higher than mine have in rankings. Those dogs are retired now and there are very few youngters coming up. I have seen a few in agility and I know at least one other in New England doing obedience, but few are doing it. Strange, really. They are SUPER great working dogs.

    ReplyDelete