Thursday, January 7, 2010

The lovely hair clip!!!

My friend Lisa gave me the NICEST hair clip!! It's sea dollars in a nice nickel coating. I LOVE it! I wore it Christmas Eve and it really looked nice. I had recently had my yearly hair cut. Yep, yearly. I can't stand spending money on hair. I mean, really, my hair - what can you do with it??? Not much. I have tried different styles over the years. I have asked about getting it colored. I end up right back to my ole regular - Layered cut that keeps it from being too big and thick. For the most part, it's OK, it works, I can pull it away from my face each morning in a barrette. I walk dogs all day. Do I go styling it each morning so it looks lovely and neat? No, I gather it in a clip and go! I brush horses, I clean stalls, I walk dogs, I scoop dusty kitty litter. I make it look neat as possible, in a plain hair clip and go. Shower and style at the end of the day. Bwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaa, did you believe that??? "Style", what style, I let it dry and go to bed that way. I just can't be bothered. It's crazy, thick, wavy, totally greying and frizzy hair. Yes, it CAN look nice if I put some effort into it. But, when walking dogs, cleaning stalls, scooping dusty litter, I just can't be bothered. And besides, I have better things to spend my money on than my hair. Like dog class, or dog shows, or riding gear, or fence posts, you know, important things. My hair, it just is.

But, I do LOVE nice, lovely, new hair clips!

Trouble is because I had just had my yearly cut, my hair is well layered and those layers do not stay in this lovely new hair clip very well, especially when I am taking on and off my winter hat.



OH, damn, the photo is sideway!!!! (Just returned from trying to fix that and it isn't fixing!!! - Must be another one of those things I broke when doing computer maintenance!!!!! ARGH!!!!) Well, you get the idea. This photo was taken only an hour after the first one and only one time taking my hat on and off. So, this lovely new hair clip will have to be saved for when my hair grows out some or when I am not taking my head in and out of a hat. Thanks, LISA!! I DO love the hair clip, really, I do. You just may only see me where it at night, during special times when my head doesn't need a hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment