Sunday, January 3, 2010

My dad taught me this!

I got up this morning and did some stretches and warm up. My dad does that every single morning. He's in the tropics today and I bet he has done his stretches and warm up on the beach already this morning. He would never go about his day without his 15 minutes of warm up and stretches. It keeps his back in working condition. Kind of like making sure you change the oil in your car every six months. Or cleaning the chimney on a regular basis. Or eating those black eyed peas and collard greens. Does anyone do that for New Years? I know, it's a southern thing, but what a GREAT thing. Collard greens and black eyed peas every New Year. Good digestive maintenance, kind of like my dad's morning warm up?

Not the big blizzard they were calling for, but still plenty of shoveling, especially the "runway" I shovel for the dogs. Glad I did my dad's morning ritual! The dogs were thankful. Roscoe worked on this rock hard thighs -



Hmm, embedding a youtube video is easy and fast, but not sure I like the format?

2 comments:

  1. The Shih Tzus are listening to the dogs race. Then they hear your voice. They look a little confused about why they can hear this at their house.

    I used to make "Hoppin' John" on New Year's Day. It didn't seem to bring me much luck, but it does taste good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is Hoppin' John???

    Kathy says even though George can't hear my voice when I call her house, he KNOWS she is talking to me and he gets ALL excited thinking we are heading off for a farm walk. :D I wish Nate or Nick would get going on the snowmobile paths for us! OK, so now I need an indoor area and a snowmobile. I am not asking for much, am I? If I ever DO get one of those things you know we won't have snow for years.

    ReplyDelete