Saturday, January 2, 2010

I got up at 3:00. How is 7:00 any different????? (I swear a lot in this post!!! Lots of BAD words! BAD, BAD words!!)

I gulped down a glass of wine - wish I could say I drank it, but I didn't, I gulped it - and popped two Ambien and went to sleep at 8:30. I had a plan. A pretty good plan, I thought. I OBSESSED about the weather all day. Wondering about our drive to NH for the USDAA trial at BARK today. I was SO looking forward to it. Did you read that...........I was SO looking forward to it.....did you read that???? Seriously,...........I WAS SO LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!!! Like $140 looking forward to it!!! I had entered all three dogs, two in Steeplechase (which is more costly a class since if you place you get to go on to the finals the next day! That's thinking positively, A?), Spur in four classes, Colby paired with Jones to MAYBE get her MAD! I was....................SO FUCKING LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!!!

All day our "wonderful" meteorologists predicted MAJOR storm, HUGE storm, Winter Storm Warnings posted on all the weather websites. Like BIG. FUCKING. STORM.

Remember the wine and Ambien? Roscoe had to get up to pee at 11:00. How I managed to drag my drugged ass out of bed, I haven't a clue, but as I stumbled down the stairs to let him out in the BIG FUCKING STORM, I remembered all the stories of people breaking ankles or dying while falling down stairs, so I hung on for dear life and made it down safely to let the little buggar out to pee. Then carefully back up to collapse in my drugged stupor so I could wake up at 3:00. That was my plan. The weather predictions were bad before I went to bed. Woke up at 3:00, they were worse. You know..........BIG FUCKING STORM COMING!!!! Lisa called...........we chatted and opted to stay home. $140 wasn't worth an accident on snow covered, icy, stormy roads. Plus, we both needed to be home on Sunday and not making it home Sunday wasn't an option. I have kitty visits to do, she has to be home for school, not getting home because of THE BIG FUCKING STORM wasn't an option. The prediction at 3:00 this morning was "heavy snow accumulations" on Sunday. It sound pretty bad. We both went back to bed.

Since I had gone to bed at 8:30, I didn't have to sleep late and got up at my usually 6:30 hour. Checked the weather....um.....what happened to the big fucking storm? Now it was saying Sunday the storm would pretty much be over and mabye just about an inch of extra accumulation. HUH???? FOUR hours made THAT much difference???? From "heavy snow accumulation" to "an inch of extra accumulation"??? How the heck does that happen in FOUR tiny little hours????

I was SO pissed I nearly cried. It may have been the wine/Ambien hangover, but I was really upset. I thought about going anyway, I would miss my pairs run with Jones, but MAYBE I would make my first run with Spur..........maybe. I stoked the stove, watched the STUPID FUCKING METEOROLOGISTS again, got more pissed and decided to stay home. Lisa wasn't going to go, so if I went I would have to pay for the hotel by myself adding more money to my already thrown away amount. So, here I am writing bad words on my blog, feeling really sorry for myself. I did get to run agility with the dogs this morning at my friend's private, secret location, which definitely made me feel better. They ran great, it was wicked fun, we set up a really hard course, but the drive there and back just made me more mad because the driving was not at all bad, yeah we stayed about 50 mpg, but big whoop, it wasn't bad. Not bad enough to have stayed home.

So, do I feel better having bitched and swore and complained. No..................I wish I were there. I wish I had gone. I wish I had that $140 back. I HATE meteorologists. I hate the intense, crazy, big deal made about winter storms. I know, maybe we would have gotten in an accident and all died. How would I feel then? I would be FUCKING DEAD!!! I wouldn't care!!! OK, so maybe we could have gotten in an accident and lost a leg? Or lost one of the dogs like the internet story told about yesterday. OK, so THAT would have been very bad and a good reason to stay here. I guess..............I am still feeling really bitchy and really sorry for myself and I want my $140 back. I want my decision back. I want to relive my 3:00 AM decision and be in NH right now blowing away Snooker with Roscoe, or Steeplechase with Spur, or getting Colby's MAD with Jones. That's what I want. If I thought a glass of wine would make me feel better I would gulp it down right now, but it wouldn't, so I'll just go eat some chocolate - cuz dude - it's better than cleaning my room.

"You spin my head right round, right round. When you go down, when you go down, down. You spin my head right round, right round. When you go down, when you go down, down." (Flo Rida)

2 comments:

  1. I hate meteorologists too. They are wrong ALL THE DAMN TIME yet still get to keep their jobs. How is that fair? Sorry you missed a fun event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, but they hype it up for a reason, trying to keep us safe. I guess. This morning they were all proud of them selves for how "accurate" their forecasts were. HUH?????? Only two Mainers braved the weather and went down on Saturday, I heard. Geez! Some did all three days and were already there, but only two Mainers arrived Saturday. Aren't we supposed to be TOUGH??

    ReplyDelete