Sunday, January 10, 2010

Google, how frustrating. Can I bitch!?

When I did my new website I also listed it on google, so folks could search for my business doing a google search. It isn't showing up!!! At least, not in a plain google search for a pet sitter or dog walker in Cape Elizabeth. I wrote them and there is some crazy thing about the new "algorithm change" that applies to new listings. It will take time and maybe reviews on my map listing to have it come up with the others. How unfair! Crazy thing is when I search for a dog walker in Cape Elizabeth the ones that come up are not even in Cape Elizabeth, just "near Cape Elizabeth". But, what can I do? They did tell me if I could get some reviews that would be helpful. I guess I will ask for some reviews. Damn, I really hate doing that kind of thing, it seems so.......um...... I don't know............what is the word I am looking for? Self appreciative? Self serving? Self promoting? What is that word?

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&georestrict=input_srcid%3A762afba70936d3ef

Somehow I am not sure about that, but whatevah..........I really hate all this time spent on the computer. It just seems SO wasteful. I would rather be walking dogs, or cleaning stalls, or reading a book, but business is business and I do need to maintain.

What is it with maintenance, anyway??? Can't I just run like the wind when ever I want and not have to maintain several miles a few times a week? My "new" treadmill has been used only a few times since I set it up. So much for maintenance, A?

No comments:

Post a Comment