Friday, January 29, 2010

Beep, beep, beep, please GO AWAY!

You know when the folks on TV tell you it's time to change the batteries in your smoke detectors? That's because if you don't they might start beeping at 3:00 AM and three little dogs will be on your stomach shaking and panting and drooling on your face!!

That's what I woke up to at 3:00 in the morning, three little dogs shaking and drooling and pouncing on my stomach because I hadn't changed the batteries in my smoke detectors. Of course, since it's a fact that when Roscoe gets really worried, that makes him need to pee, so instead of smashing the smoke detector with a hammer I run downstairs to let the dogs out.

OK, so my hope was that the sound of the three little shaking, drooling dogs and me STOMPING down the stairs would wake up Rich and HE would smash the smoke detector with a hammer. Actually, I did hope that Rich would just figure out how to stop the damn thing and NOT smash it with a hammer. It just needed a new battery. I even stopped to stoke the woodstove, listening carefully to make sure he was fixing the smoke detector. Three shaking, drooling, panting little dogs huddled around me and the warmth of the woodstove after they peed in the wind chill of -10.

I'm tired, Roscoe shook and drooled for a while after it was all fixed and we were snuggled back in bed. What is it about beeps?

I am looking forward to this bitter cold, windy day walking dogs. I have a new pair of winter pants to try out. You know, the really cool looking, hip, fabu fashion type pants that make everyone go......."Wow, that Amy is really cool and knows how to dress!!" My only shame is they are not cargos, but I guess winter pants don't come in cargo? But, they do have back flap pockets. Does that count? Oh and they have "boot cut" bottoms. How cool is that??? Except for the fact that I will be wearing my ultra mod, super cool mint green Keen boots that usually make me tuck in pant bottoms. So, my ultra cool looking, hip fabu fashion type winter pants will balloon out at my knees and look REALLY awesome! That with my three quarter length down coat and fur lined hood.......I'll be hearing comments like......."Dude! Check out that babe!!! She's HOT!!!" ......or ......."Hey, who is the cute chick in the outfit??? Way cool, man, she rocks! I bet she wears skorts and flip flops in the summer!!"..........or......"Damn, wish I knew how to dress like that! HEY!! YOU ROCK, DOG WALKER WITH THE AWESOME OUTFIT!!!".....and, you know, other heckling that will make me smile and swish my hair!!

No comments:

Post a Comment