Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I heard about sun

That's right, I heard there was something called sun and it might be arriving soon?

My wee little vegetable garden looks pretty sad. My basil is the same size it was when I planted it, only now it has some snail holes in the leafs. My cucumbers actually seem smaller than when I planted them. Seriously. I jogged past a garden the other day with flower buds on their squash plants. How can that be?????? Mine are about 3" tall and certainly no flowers appearing. I do have tons of lettuce and that's nice, but come ON, I want some squash and basil and cucumbers! My tallest sunflower.....about 2 feet tall........is about to fall over. I guess I could stake it.

YOU know, if it was 90 degrees and sunny for days on end I would be complaining a LOT more. So, while this is dreary and damp, I sleep well at night in the cool air, I can take the dogs for long walks without over-heating. We are still picking and eating asparagus every day and have for the past two months now!! Asparagus seems to love this weather!! There are some pluses! I walk many, many golden retrievers and they are loving this weather! There is some good to the cool, damp weather. Really, there is!

However, I would like to hear more about this thing called sun...............

No comments:

Post a Comment