Friday, July 24, 2009

BARK, one day with Roscoe

Roscoe was starting to bum out, being used as a "jealousy" factor with Spur. He would run, then quickly get tied up or put in the x-pen while I ran Spur right away. The "J" man, used and abused, just to make Spur jealous and want to run better. The party after had to wait and he wasn't liking that. It's all about the party, with Roscoe. I think he likes agility, but he likes the party more. Party on Garth!!!! At first, I didn't notice him getting bummed, but then his performance was weakening. Just not so much drive to go. My crazy little man was not himself, looking pokey and worried. The instructors noticed it and I felt like a bad mom, using little Roscoe to benefit Spur. What was I thinking? So, he got a special day of just Roscoe at BARK yesterday! He loved it! We worked with the Master's group and worked on really hard discrimination's. Dark green tunnel up against a bright yellow contact. Hmmmm, which would YOU chose???
Can you see tiny Roscoe set up on the other side of the yellow wing jump in a sit in this photo? The idea was that he would have been taking that jump from the other side, landing there where he is now in a sit and I would run on the left side of the A-frame, but tell him "Tunnel" and he should take the tunnel and not the A-frame. Nope, not happening, no go, up the A-frame he went! Love that big yellow A-frame! Much more inviting than a dark, dreary tunnel! So, we set him up in a sit, I stood still and said "OK, go tunnel". I ended up having to move closer to the tunnel to get success. But after a few tries he "GO IT, MOM!!!"I moved in front of the A-frame, and again said "Go tunnel" and leaned towards it some. See his cute little brown butt entering the tunnel? I know, black dog, dark tunnel, hard to see, but his brown little butt is there, honest!!Yeah, TUNNEL!!!! Look at the happy expression, "Yah, Mom, GOT IT!!!" You say tunnel, I go tunnel! Even dark green, dreary tunnel, I got it!! Watch me go!!!
"Yeah, I am THE BOMB, mom loves me and just me, only me, the other two are stuck in the car, hahahahahahah, it's all about me, me, me, me, no one else, just me!!! She loves me and only me, I am the man, the top dog, I even ran off to bark at the photographer standing on the hill, yep, I told her, I did. She didn't belong, it was all about me, me, me, me, no photos, man, not without my signed approval and a fee, then mom said it was OK, we needed the photos for our resume'. What the heck is a resume'? I'll bite that resume'."

This last shot I had to put in to show his "LOVELY" jumping style!! He has heart, but he sure doesn't have good form! ACK!! And don't ya just love my hair when it's damn and humid??? Oh, yes, just LOVELY!!!! >:/

1 comment:

  1. I see his butt! Roscoe "deserved" a big me day, with bacon on top!

    ReplyDelete