Saturday, July 25, 2009

As the world turns, strawberries to blueberries

As soon as the strawberries go by, the blueberries ripen. We sure need some more sun, but there are some ready to pick. Picking blueberries is a favorite past time for me and the dogs. I am reminded of "Blueberries for Sal" by Robert McCloskey - wonderful Maine writer! The dogs are reminded how yummy they are. Little furry stomachs, that's what Jen Pinder was calling some of the dogs and my three fit that category, for sure! Certainly Roscoe is one black and rust, furry stomach. Plain and simple, his life revolves around his next meal. I gotta say I am not far behind him, I do finish one meal and think about the next. Heck, it was one of the things I most look forward to at BARK camp........the FOOD!! I know, I know, it's supposed to be all about agility and training and tightening up those pin wheels and serpentines and doing collection and extension jump grids and analysing jump style and form, discrimination's and send aways, but seriously, Lo's Mom is a great cook and the food is fantastic! Oink, oink, oink............ He has it down pretty well, feel/taste for the ripe ones with his tongue and munch away!! Look closely, his tiny tongue is right on the bluest one!
OK, just after this shot Roscoe went "Roscoe" on the others for invading HIS patch of blueberries. Going Roscoe? - I am sure you all know what I mean. Kind of like when someone tries to take the last brownie after cutting in line at the BARK camp food tent. I might have "gone Roscoe" on them, just a wee bit? Or when Ronnie passed me by, thinking I had already been given my frozen Reese's Peanut Butter cup afternoon snack offering at BARK camp. Maybe I "went Roscoe" on him for that??

No comments:

Post a Comment