Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Way cool bait bag! More rain! No agility class!

This is from my front porch! Notice my "flowers" in the flower boxes are not really flowers, just green things that stick up and search for sun. And you can't see it but my awesome Lobelia hanging from above looks dreadful now. It got mold, cuz why not, mold LOVES this weather and is thriving. So, I have a big, round, awesome hanging mold plant. DAMN, I forgot to attach the end of the downspout. We remove it when it isn't raining so we can get into the bulkhead without having to step over it. But, think, we have a brand new sump pump, so what difference does it make?? The water runs along the foundation from that gutter and straight to the sump pump, which hasn't stopped in days......or is it weeks............maybe it's been months now of rain? Yes, it has been raining for MONTHS and MONTHS!!! I am sure it has been months, maybe years. Years and years and years of rain. WaterWorld wasn't fiction after all!!! Kevin Costner, here we come!!!

Did you all see my hay growers on TV this morning. Complaining about not being able to make hay. It's really sad and I am just thankful I have half a loft full of hay. I like to be prepared, ever the little chipmunk storing my necessities, and made sure to fill my loft last year, because while not as bad we did get a ton of rain last year and they were not able to make as much even last year. When they did finally make hay, I filled up! $$$$ SO glad I did that! My email is littered with folks searching for a few bales here and there. Don't tell anyone I have some left over.

With MORE &%$#@ rain our agility class was cancelled AGAIN. So, I cleaned my house, even mopped the floors, scrubbed the bathrooms, dusted, started a new book - "A Lion Named Christian" - about the two guys who bought a lion cub from Harrods in London. Did you ever see that youtube video? If not, search youtube for "Lion Named Christian" and have tissue ready. It's pretty cool!

During my net searches, I stumbled on a way cool new bait bag!!! When we head out for our farm walks I am never without my bait bag to reward my dogs for their recalls. Farm walks can be every exciting, wild turkeys to chase, George the border terrier to attack, grasshoppers to catch, and our trip through the woods to get there offers chippies and squirrels. I like to keep the dogs fairly close because we do have plenty of coyotes. So, I reward with Charlee Bears, often and especially for really fast recalls. I use bait bags at dog class, at home training in the yard, bait bags are essentials. I never put treats in my pockets. Learned that years ago my first time. The next morning my pockets had holes. Any treat dust is worth a chew and chew they did, the little Pin Heads! So much for pockets, they had chewed holes in them! I can't even leave my Blistex in my pockets. If the dogs can reach it, they chew to get that, too. It is made of some sort of oil/fat/wax, yummy stuff the dogs love. NO treats, or Blistex, ever go in my pockets! It was actually a brand new LL Bean barn coat that was first victim. BRAND NEW!!! Damnit!

This bait bag is so mod!! And we all know how important fashion is to dog people. Like I said last week matching the muddy paw prints on my black shirt with the paw prints on my shoe laces was a GOOD thing! And to think Laura tried to brush them off her shirt. I get excited thinking I will be the envy of my fellow agility students as I sport my new mod bait bag!!!

I wonder if getting a mod new bait bag will lift my spirits any? I know some people shop and it makes them feel better. Which design should I chose? I usually like dark colors, I love dark reds, so the top one might be my first choice, but I might also like something extra bright to lift my spirits from the doom and gloom of years and years of rain, so the one on the right might do? Except it does look a little like flowing water? I don't want anything that looks like water!! And certainly not the green one. Everything is SO green around here because of years and years of rain, so maybe the pink one on the left?

No comments:

Post a Comment