Monday, July 6, 2009

I saw the SUN!!!! And he finally has a name!

I was careful yesterday and lathered on the sunscreen because I knew I would be outside ALL DAY LONG! I had planned to sleep late. Like around 7:00. But, three little black dogs had different plans. The SUN came peeking through the curtains and that was all it took for them to pounce on me, playing that silly bitey game they do with that noise they make that makes me smile. I couldn't stay mad long. I tried, but their happy little faces and joyful little noises roused me enough that I gave in and got up. Besides, we hadn't had a farm walk in two days and we hadn't had a SUNNY farm walk in weeks, so what better way to start the day than I nice, SUNNY walk on the farm. I donned my ankle high rubber boots, though, because one day of sun isn't enough to make all that water go away. Off we went sloshing through the grass. I hope it dries soon because the hay situation is bleak. Farmers can't get into the fields to make hay and beside, you make hay when the sun shines and it ain't shined enough to make hay. Glad to have nearly half a loft full from last year.

Decided, since the sun was out, to bathe the dogs. They like to dry in the warm sun in the yard or on the chaise on the patio. I can toss a ball to Spur which essentially "blow dries" him as he races to get it! So nice to have clean and fluffy dogs!! Colby sheds so much, it is great to get all the dead hair off her. Of course, with all the worms in the yard, they were dried and got brushed out and looked all fluffy and soft and smelled great (to me) and then went and rolled in worms! So much for "all fluffy and soft and smelled great". Worm rolling is WAY COOL fun!! Thankfully worm smell doesn't last too long. How can I stop the worm rolling when they enjoy it so much? Actually I couldn't stop it if I wanted, unless I put my dogs on leashes. So, we just call it the "conditioner". A nice shampoo, then worm gut conditioner makes their coats all shiny and soft!!! And then another farm walk, sloshing through the wet grass and mud. Forgot to mention the mud in the morning. I was basking in the warm sun feel and never gave the mud a second thought. Besides in the morning I was still planning bathes to wash the mud off. Afternoon farm walk mud would have to just get brushed off. But, hey, it lasted for about half an hour after their bath, right?


So, you want to know who finally has a name? My friend Cindy got a new puppy. The TINIEST little (is that redundant?) sheltie puppy. Well, he is tiny and little. He is tiny, little, teensie, weensie!! This is him at not even 8 weeks the day she brought him home. He was about 3 lbs. Just the cutest thing I have ever seen! I have had guinea pigs bigger than him! She couldn't decide on a name. Forever, she couldn't decide on a name! She is fantastic about names, but had too many choices, so the little guy went nameless for weeks! Finally settled on "Zep". She is a huge rock and roll fan and loves Led Zeppelin. He is so FREAKIN' cute!




No comments:

Post a Comment