Thursday, July 2, 2009

Leg humping high, mud accessories, and more barf

Yesterday morning Spur got sick again. It's SO much fun to clean barf off of faux fur and from the cracks in my wood floors!! Hey! There is another good thing about this damp weather. My floor boards are pretty tight and the cracks are not allowing much barf to seep into them. How cool is THAT??? We are now thinking it is the doxycycline we are giving for anaplasmosis. He had been doing so well we decided to start it again. Thinking the last barfing episode was something he ate on our walk or the canned salmon I gave him. Again, about 5 days after starting it he starts barfing. This time I knew to stop all food and water intake. Took him to my vet for sub-q fluids, but thankfully that was all he needed. No food or water for the day and this morning small meals, which he is holding down well. Phew! Not sure what we will do for treating the anaplasmosis, though. Get him through this and figure it out later.

Because of all that, yesterday morning we didn't get our farm walk. Basically, I wanted everyone to stay quiet. Well, by the end of the day Roscoe could tell I was getting ready for agility class. With all that pent up energy (they didn't even get to play in the yard because I didn't want Spur eating grass or dead worms or the dried up green hard shell bugs Colby likes to kill), Roscoe started to get excited and hyper. As I am getting collars on he starts humping my leg. :O He gets high like that on occasion and I knew class was going to be fun!!! We head out to Yarmouth, to make our way gingerly through the wet grass and puddles, on occasion trying to jump over the mud puddles, that aren't really mud, but little pools of green slimy water, algae is the only thing growing there and we expect to see shark fins soon because fish could multiply in these "puddles". I watched Laura trying to rub the muddy paw prints off her sweatshirt. I told her it looked better. Hmmm, the sweatshirt was black, the paw prints a nice shade of beige, yeah......it looked better. Her efforts were worth it because being clean and looking sharp is important in dog agility, right? Really? You believe me? Thank you!!! I am obviously sharply aware of fashion. I leave those paw prints right were they are on MY black pants. After all, they match the paw prints on my shoe laces.

This video shows Hyper, Humpin' Roscoe all pumped and ready to ROCK N ROLL!! Tough course set up, but he nailed it. OK, so releasing from the table on "GO" was kind of bad, but his contacts were good, his crazy weave entry was bitchin', he was PUMPED!!! Yes, I do have a black shirt on, too, but my dogs paws can't reach that high. Laura has a malinois.



No comments:

Post a Comment