Thursday, July 30, 2009

Big, fat, hUmONGOUS frogs!!!!!

So, we head out to Lo's for a private. A MAJOR treat for me on my vacation!!! I was thrilled she fit us in, since I know she was keeping a light schedule the week after three weeks of BARK camp! I can only imagine how tiring that is having three top agility instructors (read - three primadonnas) staying at your house. Not to mention all the irritating, demanding, pushy, rich and wacko students that come. Yes, I know I am one of them, I admit it! Irritating - yes, my voice starts to squeak and get really high when I get nervous. Demanding - yes, I admit it I will only do seminars and camps if Mean Jean isn't in my group. Pushy - well, that's who I am, so deal with it! Rich - yes, I married the man, so get over it! Wacko - no explanation needed.

She fits me in and on my way there I get stopped in traffic. Just a bunch of cop cars at the light making people turn around. WHAT????? Turn around???? I have a precious one hour private with the best instructor in the world, so there will be NO TURNING AROUND!!!! I call Lo and she is pretty much helpless as far as how I would find my way another route. But, she does say she has a half hour lesson after me and if I can make it we can do it after that lesson. As I am talking, I am the next car at the light to be turned around and the cop points to the light, gets into his car and they all drive off!!! I am THE FIRST to just head on my merry way!!!!! I start giggling to Lo and tell her I will be there soon.

I am about 15 minutes late and ask if I can have that last 15 minutes after her half hour chick's lesson. She's fine with that, so we get started. Spur is pokey and worried and hot. It's HOT. We do some recall games on the lowered dog walk. I show her my work, she's cool with it and with the recall games he starts really driving and doing well. We do some course work, he starts to get all pokey again. I bring out Roscoe and make Spur bark like a maniac in the x-pan and we work with Roscoe. Bring out Spur again and he works OK. 45 minutes is up, goddamn that was fast, and the next chick arrives, so I gather all three and head to the pond for a break.

What goes on at the pond is plain fun! Spur swims and retrieves sticks. He's starting to get this swimming thing down well!! Colby goes back to her frog area to hunt. She's knows this area, remember we were just there for BARK camp. She LOVES her frog hunt area!!! I am busy taking photos of Spur, when I look over and I swear the biggest RIVER RAT is leaping along the edge of the pond with Colby giving chase!! I mean, it was like a RIVER BUFFALO!!!! OK, so upon close look of the photos once I get home and enlarge them on the computer, I see they are just big frogs, but they are BIG, I mean HUGE FROGS!!!!!





I guess I need to use different color letters? It says.........."who says MinPins don't swim". Colby is a good, strong and happy swimmer. Especially if frogs are the goal.



The boys check out what's so interesting and just don't get it -

If you look closely there is another GIANT frog in the water -I can not imagine her catching one. I think she might kind of freak at the slimy skin, but maybe not. Thankfully, they all escaped her canines and lived another day. We all know it's not just the hunt with Colby, she is after the kill. She has a wall of death at home, preserved heads hanging proudly in her study next to her swords and muskets. OK, well, maybe that's a wee story, but she would if she were human!


What followed was a thing of beauty and I don't have photos. When we returned for our 15 minutes of remaining lesson, Spur was ALL PUMPED and ready to ROCK AND ROLL!!! It was AWESOME!! My World Champion showed up! Lo was SO happy to see it and I even heard her say......"He's fast!"...........OH my heart swelled up so big! I could not have been more proud!!! My little worried hang ringer pounded his fists and got er done!! She was very pleased to see he has it in him. It's just up to me to bring it out. And I will!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment