Wednesday, July 29, 2009

See what a little sun and heat can do????























I don't like the heat. I totally melt, find myself searching for shade or cool things to do. I don't ride my horse, I don't do agility trials, I sit around and complain in the heat. That's me, that's what I do. But, this year maybe I am not complaining. Maybe I have had SO much rain and clouds and damp that this hot spell feels pretty good??? Besides, look what it does for my gardens and plants!!! My planters that for months were just green things with buds, now have actually COLOR!!!! Yesterday I planted some black eyed susan's, a pink hydrangea, a pink echinachea and some impatiens under my weeping crab apple. I also found some basil seedlings at Jordan's farm on Wells Rd., so I added those to my struggling basil plants in my vegetable garden. We have zucchinis and summer squash now and I have even been eating a few beans!!! YAY for heat, I never thought I would say that!!!!

Roscoe likes the sun. He absolutely LOVES to sun bathe on his lounge chair. Yes, it is his. He owns it. He races outside to snag it as his spot before the others do. Of course, the others really don't care. Spur doesn't want to sun bathe and Colby is too busy hunting rodents. He gets sleepy..................I think the sun is just another one of his drugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment