Thursday, June 9, 2011

So little time!

I know, I haven't been very good with blog entries lately. The weather has been FABULOUS, finally, so I am not sitting at this desk much.

I do have some awesome flower photos and farm photos to post, but I have to find time to load them.

Roscoe won the drumming challenge. He was number 3! Silvia was pleased as she really wanted him as a winner. She thinks he's pretty cool!!! So, since I have all her DVD's I asked if I could be upgraded from auditor to participant in her running dog walk class. She said SURE!! Only a few weeks left in the class, but that's cool!!

Off on Saturday to Lo Baker's for a half day seminar on dog walks. So, that should be good/interesting.

Work has picked up in a BIG way. I often have a slightly lesser summer schedule due to teenagers home who can walk the dogs or teachers home, but this year, nope no drop outs and a few additions. I hate to think this way, but I just added a 10 month old. That means "job security". I have several very old dogs and unfortunately that means "job insecurity". Sad, but it's just part of the business. I really didn't have an opening for another dog walk, but this one is in a good location and can be done later in the day as they don't leave for work until mid-morning.

Oi!! It's all good. I am so pleased to be busy and in demand, even in a bad economy.

Roscoe was awesome in dog class last night. Go figure. He can do class outside like a wild man, but outside trials bum him out. Spur, not so into class. It's hard when he worries and slows down and looks stressed in class. I sometimes think of not running him at class, but he very much needs to get used to different equipment and other dogs around him. I just hate to practice slower behavior when he can be so good. He's a tough one, for sure.

We carry on and work through it. I have to remember how bad things were just a year ago. Things are SO much better now!

No comments:

Post a Comment