Sunday, December 5, 2010

Clean dogs and a sore throat

Colby, drying by the wood stove yesterday. I kept it going all day today, too. It's just grey and cold. I don't think it ever got over 35 degrees here! No sun, grey sky, it's cold.
Fluffy Spur! Look at his pearly white mane. Or is it a beard? And his sparkling white toes!! This photo just doesn't show how fluffy he is. He wouldn't stand still to show his full body and crazy, fluffy fur. Can you see the focus on his face? I made the mistake of holding a ball to get his attention. He started barking and bowing and backing up and every other trick he could think of to get me to toss that ball!!
Roscoe, snoozing on his bed in his bathrobe. He gets such a chill, but Colby had already taken the warm bricks. You might think there was enough to share, but that is rare. One usually gets grumpy with the other, so they agree not to share. I guess. That's their business. I don't get involved unless they start fighting.
Oh, yeah, and that sore throat. Um, what's up with that????? I am SO not used to being sick I don't even know what to do. Drink tea with honey, right? Rest. Hmmm, not sure what that is, either. I did try taking it easy this morning, but ended up doing some decorating and printing of photos to make a plaque for my mom. But, seriously Muffin Heads, who gave me this cold???? And what do I do about it? I can't think of the last time I got a cold. I think I actually DO get one every year, but they are so mild I hardly notice. This time...........I noticed. I noticed it last night as I kept waking up with in coughing fit. I noticed it all day today as I coughed and gagged everytime I tried to make a return phone call. Sadly, each call ended up with an answering machine and I had to apologize for my gagging fits. OK, that's NOT professional.
What is up with that? I can't even leave a short message on a machine without a major gagging fit??
If I had a parrot like my friend Laura it would start mimicking me!! Did I tell you that? She thought her parrot was sick and took her to the vet. Vet asked if she, Laura had been sick recently. She had, some minor flu like symptoms. Hah!!! The parrot was simply mimicking Laura and was perfectly healthy!!! How funny is that????
Tomorrow, some sun to brighten my day would be nice. Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment