Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The weather is SO nice, and I am SO busy!

It is hard to find time to post here when I am enjoying long walks with the dogs while the weather is SO perfect. Cool and fresh and bug free. Well, other than those nasty ticks, but not buzzing, biting, obnoxious black flies or mosquitoes, yet. It's lovely out these days! Colby has been hunting the chippie that lives in the old apple tree that blew over in the last wind storm. We figure it must still live there, even though the tree blew over. Plenty of places for it to hole up and hide. She loves that tree!



We enjoy watching the farm get ready. This patch may be "our" ever-bearing strawberries again! It was like we had our own private patch! It was AWESOME! This field (white remay covering) will be "our" lettuce!
We made some new "friends" over at Red Neck City. Rumor is that Mrs. Red Neck wanted some livestock that wasn't going to be put in the freezer. We already came across their poo on the path. I said to Rich it didn't look like deer poo, it looked like sheep or goat. Sure enough, two goats arrived and they take them out for walks!!!! We need to learn their names. LOVE goats!!!!



Yay, the grass is really getting green now.........

The weather has been spectacular! Not your typical mud season. Sadly, last week I had a tire blow out on my scooter. Darn it all! They only have 6500 miles on them. They did look a little worn, but I didn't think they were THAT worn. ?????
I was going past the golf course and BANG, I thought a golf ball hit me. Nope, pull over and realise I had a blow out. Which means a trip to Reynolds for a new tire. Who knows when that will happen. :(



Leta is enjoying the good weather and exploring more. She never stays still, so capturing photos isn't easy........

We have two days of BARK agility coming up. I leave tomorrow afternoon and return Saturday late. Spur's first "official" trial. I say that because he has done some runs before, but this time he is doing all four runs each day. A real show dog this time!! I kind of considered the other runs just practice. I still feel that way, since he is SO green and still such a project, but we have signed up for all four runs each day. The Spurminator will ROCK!

Colby and Mr. Jones are doing one pairs run in hopes of getting her MAD. We have no expectations, I know she could totally refuse her teeter or do some other silly mistake and so could Mr. Jones, but she should be able to handle half a course and getting her MAD would be nice. Why? Beats me, but us humans seem to like these titles, so we are going for it.

We are interested to see how this new facility is. It's much too far for my liking, nearly three hours, so it means night before hotel room stays, which I prefer not to do. I have two thoughts.........One - I hope it's worth it and lovely. Two - I hope it's not so nice and we won't want to go back so we won't be tempted to spent the extra money on hotel rooms. It's just sad that we lost the lovely place in East Hampstead NH that was SO close and SO awesome.
So, if I don't get on here to post again for a while, that's why. Today is FULL with work I had to jam into so I could take Friday off. The dogs need pedicures and we need to pack, print out directions and the trial catalog, get things in order at home. And it's another AWESOME day, so outside we will be, exploring, gardening, preparing soil, brushing dead winter fur off sweet Jewel and NOT sitting at the computer!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment