Friday, April 30, 2010

Do you remember I have a simply simple brain?

I do. I am simple. There is really nothing complicated about my life. I have always been that way. Clear and concise, I have always known who I am, what I want, what I like doing. When I was ten I knew that. Animals. It is all about the animals. I have surrounded myself with animals. As a kid there was a point I had so many, it was a zoo!!
Parakeet
Gerbils
Turtles
Guinea pigs
Mice
Pony
Horse
Dogs
Cats
Fish
Goats
Rabbits
Chickens
Um, maybe not ALL at ONCE, but maybe? I can't remember. We had a lot. My parents indulged me my animal Kingdom!
As an adult, I have more self control, but I still surround my life with animals. It's all about the animals. That's it, that's all, that's who I am. I read animal books. I wear socks with animals on them. I have hats with animals on them. I have earrings with animals on them. I squirrel away my money for vet bills for my animals.
When I went to school I did four years for a two year associates degree. Why? I had a terrible history and "liberal arts" program in high school. But, a wonderful science program. Or at least, that's how I saw it. LOVED my science classes, hated most of the others. I wanted to take some liberal arts, but I was TOTALLY sure I wanted that Vet Tech associates degree. I knew things about myself. I knew that's what I wanted. I knew it for years. There was no question what I was doing with my life. Never. So, I did four years for a two year degree. I do not consider myself very smart. In fact, perhaps less than average smart. Science I get, everything else, not so much. I am not good at English or Math. I was an average student, who could struggle at times. I have some smarts, but I am simple.
So, when my mom sent me this Mensa quiz I thought I would do really poorly. I did do poorly, but not as poorly as I thought I would. And had I not rushed I might have done less poorly. I only took 18 minutes.
Try this test and let me know how you do. I got 21 right. You have half an hour and I am pretty sure you can go back and check each question. I wish I had done that. The test just keeps going and starts again, unless you click "score" or whatever the finish button is.
Try it, it's pretty fun, really! I missed the typing question and that makes me mad. That one seems pretty easy. And I missed the box question, which also makes me mad, since I returned to it after and STILL can't figure it out. I think I am right, but what do I know???? I am simple.

http://www.mensa.org/workout.php

No comments:

Post a Comment