Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"Can't buy me loooo-----ove!" Really, I think I can!!

Three dogs to the vet for their yearly heartworm/lyme tests. Roscoe needed a rabies shot, three stool samples, exams, heartworm prevention, more Cosequin and medication for lyme/anaplasmosis. Um...........$$$$$ later I bought my love and brought it home! Three little love bugs!

Colby had a positive test for lyme. We are going to treat and do the C6 in six months. Since she had it SO bad four years ago and it took us TWO years to get her score down, we opted to treat this time again. She handles the doxy just fine. Roscoe - again positive for anaplasmosis. These damn ticks! He also handles the doxy just fine.
Spur - THANK DOG he was clean! Negative on all accounts! Phew! Remember last year when he tested positive for anaplasmosis??? 5 days into the doxy he developed pancreatitis and was hospitalized. We know it was the doxy because once he recovered we tried the doxy again and 5 days later, bad diarrhea. I caught it soon enough that time he didn't need to be hospitalized, but it's a concern now with ANY medication with that sensitive buggar.
Stool samples negative, good. They eat and drink all kinds of CRAP and I take them off the Interceptor over the winter, so who knows what they might have picked up. We start the Interceptor up again now.

Oi - now I need to get Mr. Zeus in for a check up. Old man has gotten really thin and kind of picky about his food. Teeth/mouth look fine. He's OLD. Time to check his blood and see how he's doing internally. $$$$

I wouldn't have it any other way. What? Fancy shoes, color my hair, new clothes instead of consignment shop clothes, two week vacations in the tropics, monthly pedicures (OH, the dreams I have!!!), an Iphone, ..........no, I have none of those things - I have dogs and cats who love me.

Ugh, next week? Horse vet here. $$$$ Glad I just finished school vacation week. That's a banner week for a pet sitter. Didn't bother to bank those checks. Cashed and stored for easy access to hand over to the vets.

I buy me looooooo-ove!!! Yes I do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment