Thursday, April 29, 2010

ACK, my newsletter! Not my favorite activity.

I know there are people out there who love this stuff. Editing photos, copying and pasting, resizing, capturing, and getting it all to work in a template. Me??? I would rather be mowing my lawn or shoveling manure or picking up dog shit. Really, I'd rather be doing THAT!! But, living with a media marketing guy during a slow economy and there is no way I can let this stuff go. I have to keep my "image" out there and the newsletter does that. Funny how every one I send out brings me some sort of work. It's like people forget they need me, then get the reminder and contact me? HUH?

Whatevah........of all the social media marketing and self promotion I do the newsletter seems like the most effective. But, damn - it - ALL it is time consuming and frustrating to me. I am sure if I were some computer geek, it would take 1/8 of the time and be like eating cake, but I am not a computer geek. Geek? Yes. I. am. Computer geek? No. I. am. not.

I wish I could geek my way to figure out how to edit videos. THAT I would enjoy!!!

And really, this fretting about my newsletter I feel small. I mean, there are immigration laws in Arizona and gigantic oil slicks along the gulf of Mexico and I worry about editing videos and adding text to photos? I am small........

No comments:

Post a Comment