Tuesday, April 6, 2010

May flowers already?

Yup!! Kathy pointed them out to me. We don't usually see them until the first of May. Saweeeeeeeeet.................

A volunteer Johnny Jump Up. OK, seriously, what JJU isn't a volunteer? :P I don't think I ever BOUGHT any JJU's. They start to take over the garden, but that's A-OK with me, I LOVE them!! They bloom for months and months, even making nice potted flowers, especially when mixed in with others. This little one is in the middle of my yard, just popping out of the grass, hard soul!! If I didn't have a million other things to get done I would pot this little one right now and stick it on the step. I saw a house with window boxes full of pansies yesterday. Wow! Talk about motivated! I have too many windows to wash, dogs to walk/train and my little Jewel to ride, plantings will wait -
I saw Bill B. the strawberry man yesterday. He said the berries wintered over OK. Some loses, but they are coming along. He was starting to uncover them from the straw, glad he can finally get into the wet fields. We are hopefully we can have some of the ever bearing ones again this year. That was SO nice last year. Strawberries all season long!

No comments:

Post a Comment