Monday, April 12, 2010

Trial report and this morning's vet visit that didn't happen.

AKC trial yesterday. Roscoe ran great to finish his FAST novice title, then ran just OK in standard and OK in jumpers for a double Q. I mis-managed his startline in standard. I had a plan. I discussed it at class, I swore I would implement it and did I? Noooooooo..........I was a flapping, weirdo, idiot and he doesn't like that. My plan? I am figuring out that he really kind of LIKES to be out waiting on the start line. He gets all squeaky, growly, uptight and reved up? My little aggression case feeds off that waiting, that situation IN the ring where there is nothing going on. Why? Beats the heck out of me, but I have come to notice he LOVES to run pairs second. He likes it in class when we stop mid-course, chat about what was wrong or what we should try next, then start again, so I decided to use that. Did I? NO, damn IT!!

Jumpers, yes, I REMEMBERED thank YOU GOD! He got all squeaky, whiny, worked up and took OFF, yay, my little crazy man was with me this time. Then he comes out of the second tunnel and I thought at first he was lame, but I think what happened was a burp or what we call in training......a "re-treat". He burped up a treat that hadn't quite settled and swallowed it again. All that without stopping his forward motion, so no refusal, but he barely made it over the next jump then ran fine and finished well!

Ran Douce, the shih tzu. He ROCKED!! I think he would have placed in standard except that we were going to fast to the table and he slid off. He just couldn't STICK it. Nails gripped, muscles tensed, but off he went over the other side. Darn IT!! He ran great, though, on the rest of the course, looking really awesome. Then he got his first Ex. Jumpers Q. Good little shih tzu!!

Stella - poor little girlie at the end of the day ran jumpers, barely. She had a bit of a melt down, but managed to keep it together for her course, barely. Poor little thing. Good for her for keeping it together, indoors, with metal chairs banging, she managed.

This morning all three dogs were off to the vet for heartworm tests and Roscoe's rabies shot. Bring my obnoxious, barking, worried, barking, crazy, BARKING, nutty dogs into the clinic this morning. Not an easy feat, but in we come, BARKING, and make our way into the exam room - BARKING!

And then there is Colby, sweet as pie, quiet and perfect, just wanting to be patted……… The boys, BARKING!

Finally get them settled and wait for Lynda……..in walks Stacy, the other vet. WTF????? This is for routine vet care and I am NOT paying for her unless I ABSOLUTELY have to and I KNOW I called and said……..”I need to make an appointment with DR. BOND”. Damn IT!

Stacy tells me Lynda isn’t in on Monday’s. Well, sucks for them (and me and my BARKING dogs!)……….I have to tell her I made the appointment for Lynda and I want Lynda, sorry. So sorry, I am sorry, I am sorry I disrupted the office and hauled my dogs in, making them crazy and barky and worried and I am sorry I don't want YOU! I am sorry, I see Lynda, get it?? I hated that and didn't want to come off as rude, I don’t dislike Stacy, personally, she is always pleasant to me, but I don’t want her as my vet. Not for routine stuff and because Lynda is all we have now that sweet assistant Shelby is gone. Shelby and I could take Roscoe's blood. She understood him. She was good. Lynda and I can do it, too, so I need Lynda. I need someone familiar with Roscoe. Lynda and I go way back. I used to work for her, she knows me, she KNOWS my dogs. She understands them and all we have been through. I see her and only her and it is ON MY RECORDS! Hellooooo????? Unless it is some emergency and I have no choice, I see LYNDA! Stacy was very nice and I am sure she understood, or, she looked like she did (or was that relief on her face?). Not that I care THAT much, because it's just the way it is. I see Lynda, only, ever and it has always been that way.

Haul my BARKING dogs out after making a new appointment for next week with LYNDA! Oh - MY - GOD!

I bet Stacy was breathing a sigh of relief as we headed out the door........

No comments:

Post a Comment