Tuesday, October 20, 2009

With the help of sweet Jewel

I got to about 40 feet from the Sand Hill Crane. It was hunkered down sunbathing in the middle of the field again, only it's head sticking up.
It wasn't comfortable enough with us to stay lying down, but it didn't take flight.
It was AWESOME! We got to about 40 feet and I felt like that was close enough. We walked along side by side for a while, then it turned around and we walked side by side the other direction. It wasn't worried. It ate, drank from a wet area, didn't seem concerned by Jewel at all. It must know the horse isn't a predator?


Just a magnificent bird!


I sure wish I had a better camera!

I think if you click on the photos they will come up full size for you. Very, very cool creature and I feel so thrilled to be in it's presence. :D
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment