Thursday, October 15, 2009

Spur is an AKC registered dog!

This is the certificate they sent me. I tried to register him as a papillon, but NO, too much black I was told by pap breeders. They kept my $35 bucks. Well..........they ended up using that money and automatically registering him as a mixed breed. "Trout Brook Spur of the Moment" is his registered name. Hah! Now I just need to see what clubs will offer mixed breeds to do agility or obedience. Right now when I go to the AKC site and search for trials offering mixed breeds in my area none come up. Snobs!! Such snobs!! I know, so many people think this is a horrible thing. The AKC promoting segregation. I am just not of the thinking. Especially if you are comparing it to segregation of blacks. Sorry.............nope.........NO SUCH comparison. It just isn't the same. We are talking DOG SPORTS here, not whether or not someone can ride a bus or enter a building or have a job. Sorry...........don't say that to me or you might get an earful. I am one who is thrilled for this opportunity. I am SO tired of bringing my mixed breed dog to trials and not getting to run him. The kicker will be how many clubs offer this. It doesn't start until next April, so time will tell.I love this shot of him after flushing the gathering geese out of the newly planted winter rye. He thinks he is a farm dog, working hard each morning! Good little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment