Thursday, October 1, 2009

Meet Juno and Leta!

Friends Of Feral Felines brought me two feral girls last week to live in the barn. Juno is the grey and Leta is the white. Juno is quite friendly! I would hardly say feral??? She lets me pat her and stroke her and comes for treats. Leta never leaves her crate when I am there. Right now they are both in a large wire dog crate, near Zeus' food and the horse's grain bin. They get used to seeing Zeus and where food will be. They see other activity from there and get used to the smells and sounds of the barn. Recommended time is 1.5 - 2 weeks before release. Juno may end up coming inside if she can handle the crazy dogs. She is very friendly. As with all the barn kitties I have taken in they are all welcome to come in if they want, but most have felt too trapped and FREAK out when brought in. Zeus will come in for short periods, but they when he wants out he makes it VERY, VERY clear. LOL!!!Leta may have to go see the vet next week, however. She won't let me touch her, but I don't like how dirty her mouth looks. They did get vet checks and were spayed and given Revolution for parasites, but I don't like the look of Leta's mouth??? Just seems odd it is always dirty! She doesn't seem to clean herself very well? She is eating, I can put food in her crate and shut the door so Juno doesn't get it and it's all gone in an hour. But, still doesn't it seem strange how dirty her mouth is?


No comments:

Post a Comment