Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Things are spiraling............like a flush down the toilet

Tomorrow will be two weeks since I increased Roscoe's meds. He has had three accidents in the house in the last four days. Well, not exactly in the house, most in his belly band. He's been wearing that since his last episode of marking indoors. My options are - belly band or crate. And when loose in the house I would have to leash him to me or gate him in rooms with me so I could catch him in the act, if I didn't use the belly band. That's the trouble, I never see it happen. Crating him would add to his anxiety. His anxiety is sky-rocketing. At the trial Sunday he had one pretty nice run, then one VERY bad run. Just not happy. Which is a little strange because outside he tried to play with a sheltie. :O WHAT???? Roscoe doesn't play.........I mean, really he DOES - NOT - PLAY! Get it? Roscoe has played with two other dogs before, briefly, like for just a minute or two, ever in the 9 years I have had him. So, Sunday it was like he was Bi-Polar. One minute playing with a sheltie, the next minute running agility like he had lead paws and I was promising to pull his nails out with pliers when done running. Barely making course time. He sucked, we sucked, it looked bad. Someone even asked if he was OK as we left the ring. Damn.

I have a call in to my regular vet asking if there are not more intensive medical tests we could run to COMPLETELY rule out ANY medical reason. Waiting to hear back. The test we ran, blood panel and simple urinalysis were totally normal.

My gut tells me this is all mental. He's a mental case. I know that. He's not right. He's Roscoe. He's messed up. He's not normal. He's special. He's nuts. He's kind of sad and confused and not feeling right and it bums me out. Then he's all happy and playing and making new friends. What's up with that?????

Why now? My gut tells me it's all about Spur. Spur has matured, challenged Roscoe on occasion, is now a two year old male. I don't really know. I am guessing, it's just a guessing game. His mind is too complicated and messed up to know what's really going on. I just want him to feel better. NOW! And stop peeing in my house!!! But, maybe it has nothing to do with that. Maybe his brain is getting signals from the aliens on Mars, or Venus, or Utah. Or the little voices in his head are arguing and can't stop. I don't hear those voices and I don't know the language anyway. Maybe he needs re-wiring. How does one re-wire a dog? I wish I had an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment