Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Master Gambler? Really???

Yep, Roscoe is now a Master Gambler!! He got two Gamble runs this weekend to complete his Master Gambler title!!! All he needs now is a Relay for his championship. We teamed with a very accomplished team this weekend, but they had an off-course. BUMMER MAN, we wanted that HUGE APD ribbon from BARK for his Championship!! They have the NICEST ribbons. Darn it! I can't believe it is down to one Relay leg. Never in a million years would I think that. I thought we would be going for that last Gamble leg like forever. Nope, tiny 9lb Roscoe is learning to work away from me quite well and ran off to the last jump in the gamble which was like a MILE away!! Good little Master Gambler Roscoe!! Wow!

What a FUN weekend!! Colby teamed with Jones, the schnauzer and Tiki, the papillon for a DAM Team Q. We were in FIRST place the whole day until our last run and we had one tiny mistake. How cool is that?? First place among ALL the big, fast border collie team, first place of EVERYONE!! We were the littlest team, ending up finishing 7th overall for a very respectable finish! What fun!

Spur - he ROCKED!! His debut was all I thought it would be. Happy, happy, happy and NO issues with the teeter at all, he was pumped to finally get to run at a trial!! Even when the alien took over my body yesterday in his Gamblers run. What was I thinking entering him in Gamblers? Like I am good at Gambles? NOT! Well, OK, me and Roscoe are, but that's because we own them now! Spur? I handle him like I have never handled a dog before, like really, never - green horn, stupid novice, dumb ass wierdo out there, and Spur just takes it in stride. The alien takes over my body and I turn into a flapping, uncoordinated, mushy, dumb-ass whack job that hasn't a clue what I am doing. Wait don't I have a Master Gamble dog? How can I be such a loser in a Starters class???? Poor Spur! Damned if he didn't run beautifully anyway. Zooming for his teeter, running to the end and not freaking at the recoil. I'll load the video later. It isn't great because I forgot to tell Blanche how to zoom in, so he looks like a tiny black ant with a fluffy tail, but at least you can see how happy he is how fast he flattens into a down on the table, how fast he zooms onto his nemesis - the teeter. Seems the teeter just isn't an issue any more. What a good little man!! I could not be more proud!!!! Spur - agility dog. Who knew? I did, I knew he could do it, I knew it was in there. I KNEW it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment