Monday, May 24, 2010

The old man is getting old. Is that redundant?

Old Man Zeus. I guess he IS old -
We think he is about 17, which really isn't THAT old, but for a "feral" cat that's pretty old. OK, it's old, for any cat, it's pretty old. Outdoor cats don't live that long, but HE has! He is car savvy and obviously coyote savvy and he simply manages to stay safe. He has never wanted to come in. My neighbor says he sometimes wants in HER house, but she doesn't have Roscoe, Colby and Spur. :O She does, however, have two of her own cats, so THEY don't want him in. She loves him and helps us take care of him. He has recently been diagnosed with thyroid issues, so he needs a pill twice/day. He's been a good boy about it.
He has lost so much weight the last year, I guess because of this thyroid issue. We are hoping his meds will help boost his appetite. He seems pretty good, except for being SO thin. We retest his blood soon. I need to make that appointment.

Over the weekend I went over to the dog show and watched my friends in Rally and regular Obedience. FUN, FUN and I wished MY dogs were entered. I would never enter an outdoor trial like that. Too risky with weather. Could be TOO hot, TOO cold, TOO windy, TOO something for my dogs and it just isn't worth it. For $30 entry fee I want climate control and guarantee.
I did get some shopping done. Stocked up on my Pugsley's "Stop Buggin' Me" and should be all set with that all summer and bought some "Sniff It" that they make. A nice enzyme activated spray that helps eliminate odors. Great for those times the dogs roll in something icky, but not THAT icky and a washcloth can usually handle it and a little "Sniff It" spritz takes care of it.
I also bought Colby a "bathrobe". :D I showed it to my friends and they got all bug eyed and amazed........"YOU COULD MAKE THAT YOURSELF, YOU KNOW!!!!".........as if I just threw away my week's earnings, or just took a shit in public or something. GOODNESS, Muffin Heads, it cost me $5!! Seriously, it was.... $5!!!....... and yes I suppose I could make it, but the time it would take would not be worth........ $5!!! I mean, it was all made, nice color, perfect fit - $5!!!!!
It's prefect for her. I don't bathe my dogs all that much, they are very clean dogs, but this is a nice item to have for those times she goes frog hunting and gets wet even on a hot summer day, if I have to put her back in her crate where there is no sun to dry her she gets cold. Just being wet makes her cold, so this will help dry her and keep her a little warmer while she dries. AND it can make a nice "cool coat". I can soak it in cold water and put it on her on a hot summer day. She is a dog who gets hot. She got hot yesterday while I planted my bistro planters. She was busy in the giant hosta hunting a toad. I had already rescued the toad, but she was sure it was still there so the hunt continued. She got hot and had to go dip in the water bucket I set up for them to drink from.
I LOVE her new bathrobe!!! It was........$5!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment