Thursday, May 27, 2010

It was so hot I needed an oven mit for my door knob!!!

We are passive solar here at our house. LOTS of south facing windows. Lots of heat producing windows. It's awesome in the winter. Summer, when it's really hot - not so nice. I close up the whole south side, shut all the windows and room darkening shades early in the morning to prevent the heat from coming inside. It works OK. We still get hot in here, but if I am quick about shutting everything it does work pretty well.

I had 11 dogs to walk. I have my scooter to ride. I cover myself with sunscreen and head out. After my morning session I was tempted to take the truck so I could drive with the AC going between walks. How weak! What a wimp! I didn't, I mounted my scooter and let the hot wind cool me. Yeah, right.

By my last afternoon walk I was covered in about five layers of sun screen, dog hair, dust and dirt and road grim. ICK! GROSS!! Could I come home and shower and relax. Nope, I still had to go visit Fluffy the kitty and then head to Buxton for agility class. :O I couldn't believe it, but I wasn't really looking forward to it. Agility class, my favorite thing to do! But, I head to Fluffy's. She and I have a nice visit and I leave her house to a nice cool breeze! Really?? Yep, it was like SO different in just that short a time! Agility class ended up not being too bad!! Come home to a house that was 66 inside!!! I had to shut all the windows! Wow!!!

So, how do I get my dogs out in this heat? We play in their kiddie pool!! I took some videos. Spur loves it, Roscoe wades and enjoys cooling his paws, Colby is busy hunting, as usual, but will stop for a dip in the pool or the bird bath. Either one will do, provided I have freshened and cooled the bird bath. :D I wish it was that easy to set up a pool for ME!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment