Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Buying more love today!

Translation -

Horse vet coming today for spring visit/shots.

I will also be drawing a lyme titer on Jewel to see how we are doing. She seems fine, but this is always a bad time of year. It has been the time of year she has had issues. The ticks are terrible, the grass is growing lush and is a risk. We let her have SOME grass, but always it is a worry. All the times she has been sick have occured in the spring. Sucks. Her feet feel warmer than Precious', but that has always been the case. She doesn't look lame or sore, but sometimes it is hard to tell. I would LOVE to say she is doing great and there won't be any indication of lyme left in her body. Trouble is I doubt that's the case. Rounds and rounds of oral doxy, then 21 days of I/V tetracycline and I have this gut feeling she still has lyme. I am afraid it is there to stay. But, maybe I am being a Doubting Debby? I just hear the stories and know what we have been through. Is she OK? Yes. Will she ever be fully sound and healthy? Maybe not. I can live with that, she seems happy enough. We are riding, some.

Here she is enjoying a good roll after her limited time on the back pasture -


Colby and Roscoe are both on doxy for positive snap tests. I didn't bother with the titer test this time and went straight to the doxy. I will do the titers in six months. Both Pin Heads handle the doxy just fine and I am SO paranoid these days. Colby is so fragile. In fact, the other day she did something (probably over-did it digging for a rodent?) and was horribly lame!! OI!!! Even on doxy, which has anti-inflammatory properties, she was this lame -



I leashed walked her the next day. She seemed fine! Today, two days later? She seems totally fine. I don't know what she did, but I will keep her from over-doing it for a while (like THAT is easy, NOT!!) and see how it goes.

GOOD GRIEF!!! I seem to be plaqued with animal health issues? Why me? Why MY beloved animals? Our old Zeus kitty now has thyroid issues and needs a pill twice/day. Goodness!! Although, that's not such a bad thing. He is at least 17 years old and an outdoor "feral" kitty so he's doing DAMN good, really!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment