Monday, May 31, 2010

I am holed up!

This is the day I don't want to open my doors and windows. Canada is burning! They don't know exactly, but something like 100 wildfires are burning up there from lightening strikes in the past week. The weather today is calling for "smoke early, mid-70's, clouds later". Since when is smoke a weather term?

Yesterday we smelled it, too. Yesterday I closed my windows because of the pine pollen. OH MY~ the one window I had open yesterday was open only about 6 inches and my desk by the window and all my stuff on it was COVERED in yellow pollen. We took a hike with the dogs and the parking lot was under the pines. I had washed the pollen off my windshield before we pulled in. After our hike I had to do it again just to see OUT!!!

The dogs water bowl in the yard ended up with a yellow line at the surface and I freshen that every morning. And what do I decide I need to get done yesterday? Wash windows. What was the point? Well, the construction is done out back, so the construction dust really needed to be washed off. Now the clean windows are covered in pollen. What difference did it make? Is this what is called "treading water"? Treading dust/pollen/dirt? Yep!

Tomorrow rain, they say. Phew! After last summer I can't believe I am hoping for rain, but it is seriously dry and the pollen and Canadian smoke is seriously thick!

No comments:

Post a Comment