Friday, May 14, 2010

I am SO not happy!

More rot found on the "new" side of the house. WTF???? We just can't seem to find contractors who know what the hell they are doing! Rich is monitoring every single step Brian (carpenter) is doing during this repair work. Since we had the house torn up and the window out anyway, Rich decided to move it to where it will be if we ever move the kitchen around. We actually have plans for that, but I am SO not ready to do that. The window, it got moved. And that means a MESS in the house. Dust, crap, furniture moved around. And then there is all the banging. The constant banging of nails and sound of a nail gun all day. It's so irritating. I am trying not to get grumpy. Living through construction isn't an event I enjoy. We did it during the addition of the office and it was SUCH a bummer. We swore we would move out if we ever had to do that again. Our kitchen - I bet it stays right where it is for a very long time. :P

The new window location? I HATE it! I used to be able to walk into the kitchen from the livingroom and look directly out at the horses in the lean-to. Now, I have to lean over and walk right up to the new location. UGH!!! But, it's done. And some day??? We will??? Move??? The kitchen??? I don't know, but the window, it was moved. ME??? I am very grumpy. And now I have painting to do. Painting, painting, painting. I seems like a never ending project around here.

1 comment:

  1. Douce isn't so sure about the new window location either.

    ReplyDelete