Friday, December 4, 2009

Roscoe's does a jig and eats some turkey

Well, in a way. I think I mentioned a while back Drs. Dodman and Ogata suggestion a tryptophan supplement for him. Tried it, situationally, no noticeable change. However, there has been a change. Obviously, the crazy little man just got his "Championship". He ROCKED that day!! Back was my nutty, super fun, really happy agility dog! Meds? No, at least not really. He is still on his buspirone, but that day no performance enhancing meds. Nothin', nada, zip, just his crazy, super nutty great agility self. :D

Sent in my report to the good Doctors. They suggested I try the tryptophan at a daily dose for two weeks and the clonidine for situational events. The clonidine can be very short acting, like maybe four hours. Yesterday he was all shaky and wierd about the crazy wind and rain in the morning. He doesn't like storms AT ALL, so I gave him a clonidine. He seems MAYBE a little better?

Last night at Rally class Judy thought he seemed a lot better and was all pleased with Roscoe's tryptophan state of mind. Not sure I agree. I think he was better, yes, but better only because Rally class is now a weekly thing? We have been there for four weeks? Five weeks? I can't remember, but I do think his first week back he was SO high and SO pumped he just couldn't contain himself. Last night he was more settled, but more whiney. Megan asked about the whine. I think it is just part of his thing. He gets SO pumped doing Rally!! I mean PUMPED!!! Rock on Rally Roscoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment