Monday, December 14, 2009

The delivery that made me smile! And a Pit Bull, for Christmas?

Yesterday Rich's friend stopped by. I was in the barn doing chores, playing with the new feral kitties. Leta is SO cute and SO kittenish!! My sucky-blurry-crappy-nearly-useless-at-indoor-photos camera hasn't been able to get good enough photos. She hides during the day, if there is ANY activity, so evening/night is my time to visit with her and this camera just sucks. Anyway, as I was watching Leta do back flips around the hay bales I heard someone stop at the door. As he left I heard him say....."Let me know how it was!!". His friend and our neighbor brought him some baked beans!!! I LOVE baked beans, but there wasn't really enough for two and it was piled with bacon (ick - not a bacon fan). I thought it was a strange gift? Rich said he brought him baked beans last year, too. As I thought about it, I thought, WOW GREAT gift!!! I want someone to bring ME baked beans!!!! It seemed like such a "guy gift", but also so very sweet and thoughtful. This friend is a hunter, very much a GUY, who we allow to bow hunt on our land, he lives a few houses down and is very much into preserving farm land around here and he and Rich have long discussions about that. He has labs he sometimes hunts with and just brought home a coon hound. The dog was left at a hunting lodge by previous hunters. He recently told Rich he can't believe he did that and now has this crazy, active coon hound who can not be let off leash, coon hounds hunt........and go off hunting. :O Rich said it's a beautiful dog!!

Now for the Pit Bull for Christmas! Meet SHILO!!! My nephew just adopted her two weeks ago. She is VERY sweet! But,........ he was to go to Nana's for Christmas. NOT with Shilo! Her petfinder bio had a "no cats" icon on it. YIKES! My Mom has a BUNCH of cats. His Mom has an old cat and tenants with cats. :O What WAS he thinking? Oh wait, he is 21, thinking isn't one's strongest suit at 21. I remember my last year of college sending Sasha, the husky, home to Rich. What WAS I THINKING??? It all worked out, in the end, but at that age our animal acquisitions are not always well thought out.
Today we have an appointment with Shannan from www.finishforwarddogs.com to give him a lecture on Pit Bulls. Shannan specializes in bully breeds, has five bully type dogs herself, so hopefully she can give him some good advice. The rescue he got her from gave him nothing.
In a way, this is all good. It means Eric and his family (my sister) will be here for Christmas (Shilo will probably have to stay at his house when he visits home, but that's only one town over), which we always like! But, poor Eric will have to deal with Shilo and her issue with cats, for her life time, I think. We'll see what Shannan says. It's one thing to be iffy with cats and be Roscoe's size and another thing to be iffy with cats and be Shilo, a put bull. She's big. She's a pit bull. It's different. Very, very sweet, just a precious girlie, but it said "no cats" for a reason, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment