Friday, November 6, 2009

When I ask how your dog is, maybe I don't need to know how your husband's colonoscopy went.

Does that make sense? Not that I don't care about your husband........or do I, care? Um, I have never met your husband. It would be common courtesy to say the words that I care. Or to sound interested. Did I sound interested or say anything? I don't think I said anything or looked interested. I think I nodded, wondering to myself how your dog is? I never got the answer because.........well...........the image of the colonoscopy kept coming up and I walked away hoping to find something in the grass to distract me like so often happens with my dogs. That happens so easily and so often with dogs. I guess in humans it would be considered ADHD? Being so easily distracted by bugs, the wind, the smell of the dryer vent, a worm that just landed in your hair. You know, those oak tree worms that hang down from the tree limps and you just can't avoid them landing in your hair. It never happened to me, there were no hanging worms, or strange irridescent green beetles that Colby likes to catch, at that moment.....nothing.......nothing good enough to distract me from thinking of that ............. thing...........going...........into that place............

No comments:

Post a Comment