Thursday, November 12, 2009

November hunting season and a FoFF event this weekend!

Many of you know I take in feral kitties to live in my barn from Friends of Feral Felines. This year I lost my little heart disease gal, she succumbed to her bad heart at only seven. I decided to add two new females this year. Juno has already been acclimated and is adjusting well. She is VERY sweet and just LOVES me and I LOVE her. A quick movement or noise sends her scrambling, but she is venturing out slowly into the lean-to. Nice to have one who doesn't want to go far. The next one is Leta, pictured here. She is very young, 4-8 months? She is PSYCHO kitty!! One minute she lets me rub her head and chin, then the next she FLINGS herself at me, hoping to escape. There have been a few close calls and I have a few scars/scratches. I am finally breathing a little easier as she was spayed on Monday and my vet said a minimum of three days. She is so young and healthy she will heal really quickly, cats do. Amazing, really, she tried to escape the afternoon of her spay when I brought her home. :O She thinks she has gone to hell. Like a hell she has never imagined in her wildest dreams. She is in HELL. I have a large dog crate, with her supplies, a smaller cat crate inside that and her new snuggle bed on top of that. Still, it is HELL.....H....E....L...L.......... HELL!!

This morning I started thinking she has resigned to her fate and is almost depressed. She hardly ate last night. But, today I rubbed her head a lot and sat and talked with her and she ate. She still thinks she is in.......H........E..........L.........L!!! Tomorrow will be five days since her spay, so I may let her out tomorrow night. Saturday will be very quiet around here, so she can explore without too much activity to cause her to bolt. Friends of Feral Felines is doing a fund raising event Saturday. Here is what they sent me -

This Sat., 9-3, FoFF is holding its first Fall Feline Frolic, a fair featuring local artwork & crafts, baked goods, cat-themed items, books, holiday & other miscellaneous items for sale. Cats will also be available for adoption.
Location: 643 Forest Ave., Oddfellows Bldg (corner of Woodsfords St. & Forest Ave.)
There are still lots of kittens coming in & large colonies needing to be neutered so please attend & shop the fair so there will be fewer cats left out in the cold this winter. Thanks!
Jill Cournoyer
Fair Coordinator
tel. 207-878-8896

It's November hunting season around here. Mole hunting, that is................

Colby thinks she is a working dog. I know her form here isn't proper. A proper pointing dog would point with it's front leg, but Colby is a MinPin. Terrier ancestry. Pointing genes in there probably a long way back, but enough, that she points........sort of -


Her skill is listening, using each ear and then both ears............

Then the POUNCE!!!........

Mole got away. They usually often do, unless she can get it upon first spotting it.
Can a dog in a purple coat, one that is 13lbs be called a working dog? Farm dog? Yes, I think so. MACH Colby, my best farm dog. Although, didn't she kill a baby turkey this spring??? Hmmm, my dad might say a turkey killer isn't such a good farm dog. He has a dog - it doesn't hunt. A proper farm dog. His dog actually is only skilled at greeting customers and playing soccer. But, that's the best farm dog for him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment