Thursday, November 19, 2009

Facebook?????

Oi, I feel like I am SO old. Or is it "old fashioned". I hear myself saying how we had to walk a mile for the school bus or that we didn't even have a TV when I was growing up. (we didn't - my mom was a 60's left over hippy librarian and we moved back to the earth - to Maine from MA - no TV) Or telling stories about our party line phone. Yep, we had a party line. Shared it with two neighbors. How we didn't have hot running water. My GRANDMOTHER used to say things like that and it drove me nuts!!! Well, la-tee-da, Nana, you lived in the DARK AGES, get over it!! But, here I am telling these stories. Am I that old???? I am .......gasp.......only 46.......that's not old, is it? I have grey hairs, wrinkles, aches and pains, but I am NOT OLD! Damn it!!! I am "aging"? Good GRIEF! How does that happen???? I thought I could prevent old age, aging, getting old. I thought that when I was 20. :D I run, I eat well, I am hardly ever sick, I am in great shape, I walk about 10 miles/day, sometimes I run (yes, I said sometimes!) but I do feel that old fashioned crap creeping in.............old age..........aging............worrying...........saying things like.......... "When I was young........"... ........but...........I am NOT OLD!! Right? I am "mature". Yep, mature, but my dad always said when he grew up he would get a motorcycle. He is 72 and still doesn't have a motorcycle!

So, being that I am SO OLD, should I have a facebook page for my business? ACK! Rich says YES, I say..........O........M...........G!! Rich is so hip, I'm just old.

I guess......................and why would that scare me? Facebook? I'm going to do it, yep, I am. You watch! Soon............

No comments:

Post a Comment