Friday, November 27, 2009

Roscoe gets a new exercise machine?

OK, so it is MY treadmill, but as we were setting it up he comes running in and jumps right on it. It was on kind of fast, so I slowed it way down for him and then tried getting on with him. Goodness, he just marched along behind me!! Then he snarked at Spur and Colby who were peeking in the door? Resource guarding his exercise machine! :O I am wondering if I will have to shut him out of the room when I use it?

My MIL just loaned/gave this to us. Please send me lots of good vibes that I WILL use it! I hope I do, I am struggling to keep up my running in the cold and wind and rain and I SURE do feel the benefit of my running for my agility stuff with the dogs. I can walk dogs all day in bad weather, but run? Some sort of mental block keeps me from doing it lately and I have really slacked off, damnit. I am going to give it a good try on the treadmill. I set up a little TV and I am dedicated and hopefully I can keep at it. I am a little worried it isn't tough enough for running, but it seems pretty solid. Mostly metal, kind of heavy, so perhaps it will be good enough. I do need to figure out how to stop a very irritating squeak, but maybe that will be easy?

I am not sure how comfortable I am having Roscoe use it unless I put some safety sides up? I can imagine a tiny paw getting under the belt? Probably not a huge concern, but certainly a concern, especially at a higher speed. I know that the ones made for dogs have sides. Probably not just for the concern of a paw under the belt, but for keeping the dog from jumping off an injuring themselves? I don't know, I saw a bunch of dogs on youtube running on theirs without sides. I guess would also need to have a soft landing behind it for him. He is TOO much! I can't believe he just got on with me!! Colby and Spur didn't even dare get near it once I turned it on. It isn't loud, but it does make a noise. Roscoe, nah, he was happy just doing something with his Mamma! Crazy little buggar!

No comments:

Post a Comment